Sweetheart cupcakes are the PERFECT baked goods for Valentine’s Day. Invite your children and grandchildren over and make a family activities, kids love to frost cupcakes!
Do Something GOOD Today: Make some treats for Valentine’s Day.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops raspberry candy oil
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a standard muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Beat the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and egg whites together on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes, until smooth. Fill cupcake liners ⅓ full with white batter; set aside.
- Stir 4 drops of red food coloring into the remaining bowl of batter to make the batter pink, stir in the raspberry oil. Pour ⅓ of pink batter into a resealable plastic bag and set aside.
- Mix more food coloring into the remaining bowl of pink batter until it is an orange/red color and pour the batter into a resealable plastic bag. Cut a corner off the bag, stick the open tip into the center of each cup of white batter and squeeze in about two tablespoons of red batter.
- Cut the corner off the bag with the pink batter, stick the open tip into the center of the red batter and squeeze about 1 tablespoon pink batter into each cup.
- Bake the layered cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.