Sometimes we need to bake desserts in a pinch. Maybe you have a last-minute party to attend, or you want to surprise family or coworkers with a little treat. If you have a box of cake mix and a can of soda on hand, you are well on your way! Making soda can cupcakes is ridiculously easy. You can experiment with different cake and soda flavors, too. A good general rule is to use clear soda with yellow cake mixes, and dark soda (like cola and root beer) with chocolate cake mixes.
Soda Can Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor
- 1 can room temperature soda, any flavor
How to Make
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl combine your soda and cake mix, stirring with a whisk until most of the lumps are gone.
- Fill each liner 1/2-2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cupcakes are springy and toothpicks come out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
Do you have a super-easy recipe you would like to share? Let me know and I will share it on my blog (and give you credit, of course!).
Do Something GOOD Today: Try baking something new!